Monday, June 29, 2009

Eatin' on the Cuff - first of many studies

Look! Look at how delighted this spider spinster is. This was my face when I found out that Eatin' on the Cuff was public domain, so I could watch it very easily! Watch it, if you don't mind the low quality-- it's still funny!

Anyway, so I did a study of it. Some things are quite off, but at least the proportions are pretty in tact. I noticed that the teeth aren't perfectly obeying hierarchy. You can tell better on the overlay:

I goofed in particular by making the neck too long and to one side, and had some issues with the lip on the right side. The eyelashes and antennae are off on the left side-- it seems like I rounded out the place of the antenna to make the set closer to identical to the other pair. I think I could have taken the right cheek further than I did-- stretching it a bit. Small details aside, I think this is one of my better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment