Saturday, September 5, 2009

dammit

Here's a Photoshop color study of a BG I liked... This isn't my first attempt, but the one I tried a few days ago failed miserably. This one is considerably simpler, so I had an easier time with it, though I kind of wanted to call it quits on that gray.


I hate doing studies digitally because when I am allowed to, I check for errors compulsively and end up taking a hundred million years for accuracy no one cares about.

Anyway, here's mine:


I did this in the spirit of the talented Anne Bush, who is phenomenal and fast at these studies. I, uhh... struggled a bit. I know it'll improve with time. Like Anne, I did use the eyedropper tool. Unlike her, though, my painting is mushier and not as tight in many places. A good exercise, though.

More Mickeys on the way, been doing them, but it's almost 5am and I'm a dingus for staying up this late.

No comments:

Post a Comment